It’s beginning to look a lot like? It’s the end of the first year of Google Analytics! That’s what it’s beginning to look a lot like! It’s also the end of the second month of Google AdSense.
No, it’s not Christmas, especially for Analytics. Even though ABSOLUTELY NO SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, USER INTERFACE OR CONTENT PLAN was used, I overestimated the growth as we gained less than 100%, year over year.
As for AdSense, I will publically admit to having earned revenue in June. Great!! Now growth expectations!
I’ll be helping with the parking duties for the Yes with Procol Harem concert in the Saint Augustine Amphitheatre on 28 Jul 2012.
I’ll be helping with the parking duties for the Boston concert in the Saint Augustine Amphitheatre on 01 Jul 2012.
Following the Facebook IPO launch on Friday, Experian Hitwise has provided an updated post based on US data showing the impact Facebook has online with its growth over the years. (US market only)
Here are 15 stats as of the May 18th IPO:
- Facebook.com received 9% of all US Internet visits in April 2012
- Facebook.com received more than 1.6 billion visits a week and averaged more than 229 million US visits a day for the year-to-date
- 1 in every 5 page views in the US occurred on Facebook.com
- Facebook.com has received more than 400 billion page views this year in the US
- The average visit time on Facebook.com is 20 minutes
- The Facebook.com audience skews more female (56%) than male
- Facebook.com became the #1 ranked website in the US on March 9, 2010
- The term ‘Facebook’ is the most searched term in the US and has been for the past three years, starting the week ending July 18, 2009
- Facebook-related terms account for 6% of the top searched terms in the US and Facebook-related terms made up 4 of the top 10 US searches (among the top 100 search terms for the 4 weeks ending May 12, 2012)
- Facebook.com users are highly loyal to the website; 96% of visitors to Facebook.com were returning (defined as visited within past 30 days) visitors in April 2012
- 10 states account for 52% of visits to Facebook.com – California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina based on year-to-date average
- The top states where users are more likely to visit Facebook.com versus the online population are: West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, Arkansas, Iowa, Indiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama based on year-to-date average
- The New York City DMA provides the largest volume of traffic to Facebook.com and the Charleston, WV DMA is the area where users are most likely to visit compared to the online population
- Facebook.com is the top social networking site in the US, Canada, UK, Brazil, France, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore markets
Facebook.com is the top overall site in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. Facebook.com ranks 2nd in the UK, Brazil, France and Australia
Velo Fest is long gone, but the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure weekend is knocking at the door! Our team makes it a weekend by adding a ride and more eating on Sunday morning. You can donate to the cause here:
Has anyone heard that Facebook is going public?
Today is the day we begin the AdSense ad management system rollout.